What's the worst that can happen?
I can't tell you how many times I've played this game, walked through this thinking to allow myself to do something that I might find scary to do. For example What's the worst that can happen if I give a public talk? Well, I can forget what I want to say, completely embarrass myself and go sit down. Okay, so what, can you live through that? Will it make you a worse human being? How likely is that to happen? What can you do to lessen the odds of it happening? The things that I don't do after going through this game are the ones that the answer is, I can't live with the consequences.
And now for something more happy.
And now for something more happy.

4 Comments:
Beautiful flower.
I must not be very risk averse. Whenever I do the "what's the worse that could happen?" (except with regard to things involving my children)analysis, I inevitably end up shrugging my shoulders and saying to myself, "Yup. I might not like it, but I could handle it." But it's a good analytical tool.
You'll put someone's eye out, of course. By the way, thanks for the what I do post.
I agree with foilwoman. I do that a lot, too. Usually, I'm OK with the worst case scenario. I've got a big problem with putting things off that might be hard to deal with. Running through worst case scenarios helps me just get work done.
However, sometimes, a worst case scenario can be exceeded in reality. Luckily, that doesn't happen often.
I like to try to ward off situations where I might be dealing with a worst case by making sure (or doing my best to make sure) they don't happen in the first place.
LOVELY PHOTO, PROM!
Post a Comment
<< Home